!! Attention all PC users !!

Patricia Steward patstew at lr.net
Tue Jun 9 20:31:12 EST 1998

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998 15:05:48 -0400, "Steve Tishchenko"
<vtishchenkoNOSPAM at dsitopdog.com> wrote:

>>Fact : Virtually all of todays PC's will die on Dec 31st 1999 !
>
>Die? What, software incapable of handling 4-digit year number
>will cause destroing of PC hardware? I don't think so. You'll
>jast have to deal with year 00. And Most PC's have 4-digit year
>storage in their BIOS, so not that many PC's will be affected.

My 72-year-old mother, bless her, came up with a kludge for the
millenium bug:  she's resetting her PC's date ten years back!  ?;^)

"Some people will miss success, because it comes wearing overalls, and looks
like WORK." (Joe Clark)
Personal communication may be attained by excising the initials of my favorite
California city by the bay.