ACEDB-a viable option? Tutorials?

Ed Griffiths edgrif at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Jun 3 14:50:38 EST 1999

Gudmundur,

You might like to know that there are now more people working full time on ACEDB
(including me !) than ever before. It is seen as a crucial piece of software for
the Sanger Centre where most of the ACEDB developers work so please DON'T think
this is some out-of-date/dead piece of software. You are right to say that
documentation is not as good as it could be, but we are working on it. Please
let us know (you can mail be direct) of any documentation that is out of date
etc, etc., we plan to make a major effort to improve it this year.

cheers Ed

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999 zgudmunt at my-deja.com wrote:

>   Hello. I have recently been exploring the possibilities of ACEDB as a
> viable option for genome mapping projects. I have found quite a lot of
> information on the Web, but since much of that is often not up to date I
> am worried that perhaps development is not as active as it may have been
> in the past. ACEDB may thus not be a good investment in time effort in
> spite of many advantages. So, the latest news regarding those issues
> would be welcome on this list, to which I have just subscribed. With
> regards:
>

>                       Gudmundur Arni Thorisson

| Ed Griffiths, Informatics Group,                                             |
|               The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,               |
|               Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK                                |
| email: edgrif at sanger.ac.uk      URL: http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/edgrif    |
|   Tel: +44-1223-494780 (switch  +44 1223 834244) Fax: +44 1223 494919        |