Using AceDB for non-biology data?

sbedberg at my-dejanews.com sbedberg at my-dejanews.com
Wed May 19 06:22:22 EST 1999

In article
<lassehp-1105991308180001 at brage.imv.aau.dk>,
  lassehp at imv.au.dk (Lasse
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hiller=F8e?= Petersen) wrote:
> I became aware of AceDB because of an article on
it by Lincoln Stein. It
> seems to me, that AceDB might be very good for
storing and retrieving
> various types of data, including bibliographic
records and directory type
> information.
>
> Does anyone have experience with this, and has
anyone written software for
> this usage, for example having AceDB as a
database backend for an LDAP
> server, or simply some code to export selected
records in LDIF format?

> -Lasse

Actually, I was thinking along the same
lines...AceDB looked like a good way to store
hierarchical directory info, epsecially since I
want a fairly complex data structure including
personal biographies, pictures, publications
lists, and curriculum vitae. As soon as I have the
time, I'll be trying it out.