how to use blixem from acedb?

laminaria.EST est at sb-roscoff.fr
Wed May 19 11:57:15 EST 1999

	Dear acedb users,

I am building an EST database using ACEDB. I have many short sequences and by using MSPcrunch, I have been able to get the different homologies in my database. Now I would like to be able to see the blast alignments for example by using blixem.

How can I do that? Is there a build in function?

I could save the blast result files in a folder and creat a pick_me_to_call class with a short script using blixem and MSPcrunch to crucnh on the fly. But Blixem requires a sequence file. Do I need to dump the sequences before blixeming them or can blixem use the ACEDB sequence?

Thank you for reading my message.

Florent Crepineau

Station Biologique de Roscoff, FRANCE

crepinau at sb-roscoff.fr