Blixem_X in the ?Method

laminaria.EST est at sb-roscoff.fr
Fri May 28 08:57:06 EST 1999

	Dear ACEDB users,

I wrote a few days ago about using blixem from ACEDB. With the help of Nicolas Pollet I have managed to get a blixem display of my blast results from the sequence window but unfortunatly, there is no locally maintained EMBL or swissprot database here, thus efetch is unable to find the sequences and as a result there are hyphens instead of amino acids in the blixem window display!
What I understood is that it is in the ?Method model that blixem is defined (eg : Blixem_X for BLASTX method). How can I change the setting. I tried to change the blixem_script in wscripts but it is not the solution.

What I would like to do is to store all my MSP crunched blast results in a folder and change Blixem_X that way it takes sequences from this folder and not from a local database. Is that possible? Or should I rather change the model and add a Pick_me_to_call function and change the BLASTX.

Thank you for reading my message.

Florent