Fwd: Error when read .ace file

ogata kenichi ogataro at tm.nagasaki-u.ac.jp
Wed Sep 22 12:32:02 EST 1999

Dear sirs

I wrote a question about Schistoma DB around Sep.1st.
Details are below.

Recently, a person who is taking care of that DB
solve this problem. So, if you have a this situation,
go to "ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/parasites/Schisto/"
,download and install it. Now it's ready to use!

Thank you for concerning this trouble.

Ken Ogata wrote:

Dear Sirs

I have a question.
I couldn't read the Schistosoma data files into ACEDB.

Here is the my situation. :
I start to use "ACEDB", finish to download, install & reinitial
the database.
Next, I try to read the Schistosoma data files,dump1,2,3. ace,
into ACEDB. But  I couldn't make it.
What I did for Schistosoma data is download the dump1,2,3.ace,
options.wrm, models.wrm, subclasses.wrm, displays.wrm.
Of course, I over wrote four files of .wrm on the originals .

I attach the ERROR MESSAGE what I got through reading the ace files into

database below.

dump1.ace
FATAL ERROR reported by program xace, in file lexsubs4.c, at line 1929:
Attempt to create a key with emtpy name in classAuthor

// Sorry for the crash, please report it, if it is reproducible

dump2.ace
----------------------------
ERROR: parse error near line 159074 in
No obj : No object name
----------------------------

dump3.ace
----------------------------
ERROR: parse error near line 209 in
jap0009 : Unknown tag "japonicum"
----------------------------

The version of ACEDB what I use is 4.7l
(bin.linux_libc6.4_7l.tar.Z) from Sanger and
four .ace files of Schistoma data are from www.ebi.ac.uk.
I don't know how I should do,  so I'd like to have some
advice.

Thank you for your kindness.

--
Ken Ogata