Joining databases.

Keith Bradnam [NASC] keith at thale.nott.ac.uk
Mon Apr 30 06:21:56 EST 2001

On 26 Apr 2001, Lavinia Hyde wrote:

> Dear All
>
> I currently have 6ace and 10ace running and would like to amalgamate the
> two.  I had considered setting up an empty database and then transfering
> the blocks across from 10ace, then renumbering those in 6ace and
> transfering those across.  Are there any more effective ways to join these
> two databases together without losing data?

If the two databases share the same models.wrm file and the data in each
database is unique (i.e. there is no object in one database that would
overwrite an object in the other), then you should be able to dump out
the entire contents of both database (i.e. select 'Dump all' from the
Admin menu) into two ace files, and then read these into a new (empty)
database that you have created.

Keith

~  Keith Bradnam - UK CropNet (http://ukcrop.net) webmaster and
~  Arabidopsis Genome Resource  (http://ukcrop.net/agr) developer.
~
~  Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock Centre, University Park,
~  University of Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK.  Tel: (0115) 951 3091