Yes, I'm still kicking around with AceDB :-)
I'm experiencing a peculiarity that has me a bit befuddled. I did the
1) I have a models.wrm and a bunch of .ace files generated from a dump
of the associated database.
2) I start up ACE (4.9t) and initiatlize a new database with this
3) I start to read in the ACE files (b.t.w. why don't they all read in
one after another like they used to?)
4) I get an error in my Protein class saying that tag DNA_homol does
not fit model.
5) I look at the offending line in the .ace file and it is simply
Protein : xxxx
6) I look at what is loaded into the database, and it has in fact been
written into the DB!
7) I open the "offending" Protein record, and make a dump of *just*
8) I look at the two .ace files side by side and they are 100% identical.
How can it be that Ace can read in a record, claim that there is an
error, read it in regardless, and then dump out exactly the same
"erroneous" record? you'll have to trust me that the error message is
incorrect,and that DNA_homol is, in fact, a valid tag in the model :-)
Any advice is welcome!!