Digital Hearing aid

gandalf at aud.org gandalf at aud.org
Tue Jul 15 23:00:58 EST 1997

In article <33CC21E7.4CDD at iconn.net> "David M. Regan" <dregan at iconn.net> writes:
>From: "David M. Regan" <dregan at iconn.net>
>Subject: Re: Digital Hearing aid
>Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 21:20:39 -0400

Philips has digital now.  It has an open platform, not a preselected
paradigm. There are thousands of modifications you can make. You can even try
a paired comparison of two K-amps, if you wish, by programming the
controller that way. It is clearly better than the other two. If you see it,
you will see the superiority of it. A bit pricey, but with the software
approach to fitting, rather than hardware, one can tell the patient truly,
that he/she can come in five years from now and have a new aid for a fraction
of the new aid cost, simply by purchasing upgrade software.
You need a 'puter, but if you can read this.....you have one.

Mike

Doesn't have power capability, though.