ProSearch

Lee F Kolakowski lfk at athena.mit.edu
Tue Jul 17 20:02:49 EST 1990

I posted a message a few days ago about a small package that
enables the ProSite Database patterns to utilized be under
Unix and MSDOS. The software is written mostly in AWK.

I've received ~20 requests for the software so far.

Just a small note of additional information about the portability of
the Prosearch code. I've heard people have it running on several
different Unix systems (Convex, BSD, SGI, Cray, and SYSV/386) as well
as MSDOS. Today I found that GAWK (The Free Software Foundation's
version of AWK) has been ported to VAX/VMS. VMS GAWK is available as a
backup save set on RML2.SRI.COM (128.18.22.20) with source and
executables. The Prosearch package runs just fine on VMS. So maybe
AWK is the portable language of the future.

I will be adding a VMS .com file to the distribution.

--

Frank Kolakowski

|lfk at athena.mit.edu                     ||      Lee F. Kolakowski    |
|lfk at eastman2.mit.edu                   ||	M.I.T.		     |
|kolakowski at wccf.mit.edu                ||	Dept of Chemistry    |
|lfk at mbio.med.upenn.edu		        ||	Room 18-506	     |
|lfk at hx.lcs.mit.edu                     ||	77 Massachusetts Ave.|
|AT&T:  1-617-253-1866                  ||	Cambridge, MA 02139  |
|                         #include <woes.h>         		     |
|		           One-Liner Here!                           |