Thanks for info on mac/pc exchange

jasper at vax.path.ox.ac.uk jasper at vax.path.ox.ac.uk
Fri Sep 4 12:48:47 EST 1992

> My thanks to the over two dozen people who replied to my question about
> Mac to PC file exchange.  I'm now trying to learn how to use the
> Apple File Exchange utility that came with the Mac.  (For anyone else

Bill,

	sorry I didn't pick this up before, but an option that no-one else
seems to have mentioned yet is Apple's PC Exchange. Originally billed as part
of System 7 it didn't make it in time and we got our first copies this week
with some new Macs. It is fully system 7 integrated, read/writes/initializes
DOS disks (high density anyway, I haven't tested a low density one, though I
have a drive somewhere if anyone feels they really want to know :)  and you
can configure it to display icons of data files for software where there is a
PC-Mac pair of versions.

	It cost us 38 pounds sterling, probably costs US$38 therefore, and I
imagine it will become part of system 7 at some time in the future, though at
present that is a one copy - one machine license.

	Now this has *got* to better than Apple file exchange !

	So, check out your local Apple dealer!

	I guess it goes without saying - I liked it!

regards,     jasper

Jasper Rees
Oxford University

jasper at vax.path.ox.ac.uk

Usual disclaimers apply (shame really :)