Looking for the program Gene Jockey. Thanks!

Eric Geerdes ericg at jeeves.ucsd.edu
Fri Apr 9 10:55:44 EST 1993

Here is a sample of the responses to my post.  What a Group!...

At  1:15 PM 4/8/93 -0400, Doug.Eernisse at um.cc.umich.edu wrote:
 >Eric,
 > It is commercial but I believe there is a partly functional
 >demo version around. Have you checked ftp.bio.indiana.edu in
                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 >the /molbio/mac directory? It is fast and has some interesting
 >capabilities as I recollect.
 >
 >Doug Eernisse

**********************************
THE DEMO IS THERE JUST AS HE SAID.
**********************************

[ contact genecodes at aol.com for more info ]

At  1:31 PM 4/9/93 +0948, Rod Bonfiglioli wrote:
 >  the prograsm is mareketed by a firm in cambridge, UK.  the firm will send
you
 >a crippled demo that is absolutely useless and wont really show you anything the
 >program will do,.  i got a copy of this crippled demo disk, and got very little
 >idea what the program would do, so i didnt bother buying it.  best of luck
 >though.  if no-one else on the net sends you the adress of the firm (i cant
 >think of it off the top top top of my head...) get back to me and i will find
 >the address for you.
 >
 >rod
 >
 >--
 >Rod Bonfiglioli, Waite Agricultural Research Institute,
 >University of Adelaide, South Australia.
 >e-mail rbonfigl at waite.adelaide.edu.au

Bye
Eric Geerdes         x48927 /x48560 * To keep a snorer from snoring...
Biology Computer Services/MILL      * When snorer sleeps, put whipped cream
UCSD                                * in their hand--then tickle their face.