Blocks

Rodrigo Lopez rodrigol at biomaster.uio.no
Wed Apr 14 05:04:41 EST 1993

In article <francis.734736417 at monod>, francis at monod.Biol.McGill.CA (Francis Ouellette) writes:
|> Jean-Loup Risler (BIONET at FRCGM51.EARN) writes:
|>
|> (bffo note: but is address is risler at cgmvax.cgm.cnrs-gif.fr in the
|>  yeasters' directory, that you can pick up by anonymous ftp from
|>  ftp.biol.mcgill.ca ... later today, after I fix my ftpd!)
|>
|> > Please excuse me if this posting i) is a FAQ; ii) is irrelevant; iii) should
|> > be sent to bio-junk.
|> >
|> > PROSITE can be searched by GCG through MOTIFS. There exists another
|> > useful database of protein motifs called BLOCKS (S. and G. Henikoff).
|> >
|> > Do you know whether there exists a program to search BLOCKS ?
|>
|> Jean-Loup, this is a very relevant question!
|>
|> send mail with help in body of message to:
|>
|> blocks at howard.fhcrc.org
|>
|> This should get you started,
|>
|> a la prochaine,
|>
|> francis
|>

|> --
|> | B.F. Francis Ouellette     * francis at monod.biol.mcgill.ca *
|> | Manager, Yeast Chromosome I and XVI Sequencing Projects
|> | Biology Dept, McGill University, Montreal, Qc, Canada
|> |      "Je cherche a comprendre"  Jacques Monod

There is a program to search the BLOCKS database written by
Dr. Reiner Fuchs from the EMBL. The program runs under VMS,
OpenVMS and several flavors of unix.

The program may be obtained by ftp (ftp.embl-heidelberg.de),
gopher (gopher gopher.embl-heidelberg.de 70) or from
the EMBL mailserver (netserv at embl-heidelberg.de).

Rodrigo:-)

* RODRIGO LOPEZ SERRANO                                                   *
* Administrator for The Norwegian EMBNet node                             *
* Tel: XX-47-22-958756	              Biotechnology Centre of Oslo        *
* Fax: XX-47-22-694130                Gaustadalleen 21                    *
*                                     P.B. 1125 Blindern                  *
*                                     0316 Oslo 3 Norway                  *
* rodrigol at biomed.uio.no                                                  *
* rodrigol at ulrik.uio.no                                                   *