getting sequences with Gopher

Dan Jacobson danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu
Thu Apr 15 17:39:34 EST 1993

In article <1993Apr15.195920.26655 at news.cs.brandeis.edu> Jeremy John Ahouse <ahouse at hydra.rose.brandeis.edu> writes:
>	I have been trying to retrieve sequences using the wonderful Gopher hole at
>	merlot.welch.jhu.edu.  But even though I get hits when I try to retrieve
>	them I get error messages,
>	e.g. Error getting JH0291 Class I histocompatability precursor...
>
>	Any ideas?
> [ . . . ]

It would help to diagnose you problem if you could tell me -

  1) What type of machine/operating system you're using gopher from;
  2) What version of the gopher client you are using;
  3) Specifically which database(s) you are having trouble with.

I'll hazard a guess that you're using either a Unix or VMS system, the former
is relatively easy to diagnose, the latter a bit harder.

Dan - need a little more info - Jacobson

danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu