Script/Prog. to search new DB entries 1x per week?

Joel Guthridge jmg at seqanal.mi.uky.edu
Wed Apr 21 23:23:33 EST 1993

   One of our users has asked if it is possible to have the new entries
to GB, etc. be searched (as an example by Blast) with some query or
set of query sequences, and have the results compared with previous
results, such that if a "new" hit was found that met some preset
criteria, that an email message to that effect would be sent to that
user.  I'm sure someone has already thought some about this and may already
have some ideas, or scripts/tricks already in place.  If you have such
a beast, or ideas I'd be interested in hearing about them.

  Thanks,

    Joel Guthridge
    email:  jmg at seqanal.mi.uky.edu