how to search for signals common to a few proteins' 1ry sequences?

Michael Levin mlevin at husc8.harvard.edu
Sun Apr 25 14:28:02 EST 1993

     Suppose I have the primary sequences of 10 proteins, which
something happens to. Suppose that I suppose that these proteins
should all have some kind of signal on them, which makes this thing
happen to them. Is there any software out there (or any methods,
algorithms, suggestions) to search for such signals? I am hoping that
the signal is a more or less simple consecutive sequence stretch (like
the KDEL sequence etc.) (hopefully well conserved between the 10
proteins I am looking at), but this may not be the case. What tools
are available for such a thing? Please send ideas to
mlevin at husc8.harvard.edu.

Mike Levin