Thermodynamic Cycles

Laura L. Walsh lwalsh at nemo
Mon Apr 26 14:26:48 EST 1993

We are planning a course on the "Physical Basis of Life",
to be offered as an undergraduate course in biophysics.
We are looking for a number of programs that can be run
on a Macintosh.  In particular, we are looking for a
program that would allow the students to do computations
of energies in thermodynamic cycles.  We are also looking
for programs that would display lines of electromagnetic
force, for example, between point charges.  Display of
bond dipoles and net dipole of a helix or other structure
would also be of interest.

We are aware of the programs that are available from
EMBL and IUBio, although we would welcome suggestions
about how to use any of the programs for the above
purposes.  Other suggestions are also welcome.
Laura Walsh (lwalsh at silibio.ncsa.uiuc.edu)