Gene Runner demo now on anonymous FTP

Harry Mangalam mangalam at SALK-SC2.SDSC.EDU
Thu Apr 29 10:41:19 EST 1993

Sorry for the delay - the above-mentioned demo pakage is available from:

1) ftp.bio.indiana.edu in /Incoming

(careful - get the one that's 1069727 bytes (may be called generun2.zip),
not the one that's 870912 bytes - it's corrupted and I've told Don to
delete it)

2) ftp.bchs.uh.edu in /pub/gene-server/incoming, named corectly.

3) salk-sc2.sdsc.edu in [anonymous.ibmpc] (VMS)

Here's (most of) the text of the acompanying .txt file:

The accompanying zip file (generunr.zip) contains the GeneRunner for
Windows demo from Hastings Software:

Hastings Software Inc.
PO Box 567, Hastings on Hudson, NY, 107106 USA
Voice: (914) 969-0855
Fax: (914) 376-4433
email: hasoft at biotechnet.com

To use it, first download the zip file to your PC using binary mode FTP.

Use pkunzip to unzip the file to a 1.44MB floppy disk (it won't fit on a
1.2MB).  It may also work from your hard disk; I haven't tried.

Once you have the disk ready, start Windows, if you haven't already, and
from the Windows FIle menu, choose RUN and type a: (or b: or whatever
device you've chosen) setup and hit return.  Answer the questions and have
fun.

Uploaded by Harry J Mangalam
Biocomputing, Salk Institute
mangalam at salk-sc2.sdsc.edu

with permission from Hastings Software.

<Std Disclaimers Apply>

There is a short preview in the current issue of _Biotechnology_Software_
(April/May, 1993) and a longer review coming next issue (they say).

Cheers
Harry