software wanted

Melody Conrad mfconra at cs.sandia.gov
Thu Feb 25 12:39:12 EST 1993

Hello everybody!
I hope this is right newsgroup, if not point me to the other
newsgroup(s).

I have been asked to create a FOCUS database system for biological
samples. (sputum, tissues, cell cultures etc.) The scope of
the project includes:
   epidemilogical information of the donor of the sample
   sample amount, location and identification
   test result summaries

Does such software exit, not necessarly limited to FOCUS? Am I
reinventing the wheel? :)  The possible platforms could be VAX, PC,
Mac or UNIX workstation. If so I would welcome any information
or comments about such a package.

If you have some "home grown" software, I would appreciate your
$0.02 on designs that work real nifty and pitfalls to avoid.

Thanks (in advance)! Please reply by Email to mfconra at cs.sandia.gov.

========== These are MY opinions, but I will share them. ==========
Melody Fawnette Conrad                        mfconra at cs.sandia.gov
Inhalation Toxicology Research Institute      (505)845-1167
Albuquerque, NM  I don't speak for ITRI and they don't speak for me.