Plasmid draw program for IBM

Dan Jacobson danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu
Wed Jan 6 10:18:12 EST 1993

In article <9301060448.AA14948 at net.bio.net> preissj at CLVAX1.CL.MSU.EDU ("J Preiss--Seq Anal") writes:
>Plasmid.drw
>
>I have a request to post to the bio software net.  I want a
>program to draw plasmids for IBM/DOS based computers.  I have
>compiled a wish list of what I want in such a program.  If anyone
>knows of any program that comes close to my desires, I would
>appreciate hearing about it.
>(wish list deleted)

There are a few programs which draw plasmids for IBM/DOS.  I don't
think that they meet all of your specs but you can probably achieve
what you'd like by the combination of  one of these programs and some
utility programs for the PC.

1) Plasmid - can be retrieved by anonymous ftp (or gopher)
from ftp.bio.indiana.edu in the molbio/ibmpc directory.

2) Plasmidg - which can be retrieved by anonymous ftp from
ftp.bchs.uh.edu in the /pub/gene-server/dos directory

3) Easyclon - which can be retrieved by anonymous ftp from
ftp.bchs.uh.edu in the /pub/gene-server/dos directory

These can also be retrieved by anonymous ftp or gopher from
many of the EMBnet nodes.

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu