GCG synchronization problem

BIONET at FRCGM51.EARN BIONET at FRCGM51.EARN
Fri Jan 8 11:44:00 EST 1993

> I was trying to search PIR using FASTA and got the following error :-
>
>  *** ERROR in SQNext. Sequence reading is out of synchronization.
>

> Any ideas what is going on?
>
>  Log file follows...

        I had exactly the same problem, for the first time, with the last
 release I received from MIPS. I could not find out the reason.
        The only way I found to solve the problem was not very clever: run
 PIRtoGCG from the .SEQ and .SEQ files...

        Sorry that I can be of no help!

   |  Jean-Loup Risler                |                        |
   | Centre de Genetique Moleculaire  |  risler at frcgm51.bitnet |
   | 91190  Gif sur Yvette  France    |                        |