Mac plasmid programs?

FORNACE at FCRFV2.NCIFCRF.GOV FORNACE at FCRFV2.NCIFCRF.GOV
Thu Jan 14 11:40:46 EST 1993

> samx at vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
> : Is anyone aware of Mac programs for keeping records of plasmid constructs?
> : Such program would hopefully also draw graphic maps of the plasmids,
> : and keep sequence information.  Thanks!
> :     -Scott Monsma
> :      Boyce Thompson Institute
> :      607/254-1369
> I know of a shareware program called MacPlasmap. With this program your
> able to make drawings of plasmids. I do not know from wich sites you can
> download it, but for information you can try to email to
> jliu at bioscience.utah.edu or, if you wish, i can.
> I hope tis is what you are looking for.

My vote is for a CAD program "The Gene Construction Kit"
It will do beautiful color maps and also good annotated sequence.
We keep files of all our constructs in this program.
Major disadvantage is that it's somewhat expensive.
You can get from Textco INc at 603 643 1471
The manual is somewhat briefer than  I would like but
if you go thru the tutorial, you should be
able to use it.

Al Fornace
Lab. of Molecular Pharmacology, NCI
Building 37, Room 5C09