MacTCP and Eudora

Harry Mangalam mangalam at SALK-SC2.SDSC.EDU
Thu Jan 14 18:36:31 EST 1993

Harry Mangalam (me) mistakenly wrote:
>>The latest (?) version (1.1.1, required to run with Sys 7.1), is available
>>with the demo package Xgator on the Sumex archives (sumex-aim.stanford.edu)
>>in the /info-mac/demo directory.  Of course, according to Apple, you may
>>not use this MacTCP with any other piece of software..........

Dr. BoBolicious corrected:
>Unfortunately, this is no longer true.  It was there briefly, but then it
>was discovered that Cayman didn't have the necessary license to distribute
>MacTCP 1.1.1, so now it's just XGator.

Sigh..... Things just change too fast......
And tho I (quickly) checked the usual archives, I couldn't find an included
MacTCP 1.1.1.

   Not to take this discussion too far afield, but because this will
probably affect a number of Mac users as they upgrade to Sys 7.1 and
beyond, I include the following correspondence that might throw some light
on this subject.

Gophered from the info-mac.src:
Info Mac Digest
me at suzuka.u-strasbg.fr (Michel Eytan LILoL)
Info-Mac Digest V10 #277:  A final look at MacTCP 1.1.1