Ethernet card recommendations for MacII

jasper at molbiol.ox.ac.uk jasper at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 15 11:47:40 EST 1993

In article <17922 at umd5.umd.edu>, bwilliam at oyster.smcm.edu (Bill Williams) writes:
> In article <1iaoi4INN3vf at usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu> Cheung C. Yue,
> ccy at po.CWRU.Edu writes:

> I use the following software:
>
> MacTCP, which I got free with Eudora, as my router.
> Eudora, which I got free with MacTCP :-), as my mail program.
> Nuntius for news.
> Fetch for FTP.
> TurboGopher for Gopher.
> NCSA Telnet (MacTCP version) for the increasingly rare occasions in
> which I need to log on to another machine.
>
> You will probably note something that all of the above programs have in
> common:  they are free!

Please note that although you have MacTCP, you should be paying a license for
it to Apple, the fact that it is bundled with these freeware packages does not
mean that this covers you.

Offically I believe Apple want a license fee for each application you use
MacTCP with - that is about 5 license payment for the above list .... !

> William E. Williams, bwilliam at oyster.smcm.edu

Jasper Rees
Oxford University Molecular Biology Data Centre

jasper at molbiol.ox.ac.uk