mol bio/? & opinions

wais server operator waisguy at solomon.technet.sg
Sun Jan 17 06:51:08 EST 1993

Jeremy John Ahouse (ahouse at hydra.rose.brandeis.edu) wrote:
: 	We are evaluating DNAstar and GeneWorks on the mac.  I am frustrated in
: lots of little ways by both program suites.  Are there others that we
: should be
: evaluating?  Really I want to be able to edit sequences, search them for
: restriction sites, do pairwise and multiple alignments and then export
: them
: easily to PAUP and MacClade.

: Is this so much to ask?
No, why not try the public domain ones.  Free, works, nice.

Seqapp by Don Gilbert  ftp from ftp.bio.indiana.edu in /molbio/seqapp
   while you are there, why not take a look at Don's treasure trove
   in /molbio/mac.

TW.
   WAIS operator  waisguy at solomon.technet.sg
or Dr Tan Tin Wee, Department of Biochemistry,
       National University of Singapore.
   Tel 772-3678   Fax 7791453   INTERNET bchtantw at nuscc.nus.sg