ClustalV in SeqApp

Don Gilbert gilbertd at chipmunk.bio.indiana.edu
Wed Jan 20 08:02:57 EST 1993

In article <1993Jan20.083401.730 at klaava.Helsinki.FI> Heikki.Lehvaslaiho at Helsinki.FI (Heikki Lehvaslaiho) writes:
>In article <1993Jan19.221442.22635 at news.cs.brandeis.edu> Jeremy John
>Ahouse, ahouse at hydra.rose.brandeis.edu writes:
>> OK, I have tried using ClustalV from SeqApp again.  I redownloaded
>> the files.   The loaded the sample file, selected some of the aa's
>> and then chose the mult alignment option.  At this point, as it was
>> the last time, my whole system hung and I dropped into the debugger
>> with no way out, except to reboot.
>>
>> 	Does this work smoothly for everyone else?
>
>None of the child processes work in the latest version of the SeqApp (not
>for me, at least). I have reported this to Don Gilbert. All we can do is
>to wait untill he has time to fix the bug.

I'm afraid I don't have enough information on this to do anything.  ClustalV
works fine for me. Other child apps work fine, on various Macs that I test
it on.

Make sure that you have the newest "SeqApp Preferences"
installed.  An earlier version had a mistake in it that was simple to
correct and which you can pick up directions about at the gopher/ftp
archive (see seqapp docs).

This caution may apply:
If SeqApp fails on you for some reason, try removing the file
System Folder:Preferences:SeqApp Preferences    (or)
System Folder:SeqApp Preferences		(in system 6)

Don Gilbert                                     gilbert at bio.indiana.edu