HELP:GCG-MENU

Christoph Gartmann gartmann at VMS.MPIIB-FREIBURG.MPG.dbp.de
Mon Jan 25 08:39:14 EST 1993

Inna Perlov ("Inna at vms.huji.ac.il") wrote:

>	My system manger have installed GCG-MENU but wasn't able to relink
> GCG-MENU software. He got the "illegal record format" message, it seems that
> it is attempting to link not .obj file.
>  When I try to run MENU now, I get
>       Error accessing MENUE Database! RC= 0000000008
>
> Anyone can help me?

Could it be that you got the UUEncoded version of GCG-menu available on the
EMBL-fileserver? This version cannot be installed because its encoding is not
appropriate. Thus, when decoding the package everything is in Stream_LF format,
even the datbase-files and libraries, which then cannot be read by the program.

You should pick up GCGMENU.MFT instead from the EMBL fileserver. You need a
copy of MFTU to decode this version. Look at earlier postings in this newsgroup
on how to get a copy of MFTU or send me a mail.

To say it again: GCGMENU.UAA on the EMBL fileserver won't work! Take
GCGMENU.MFT instead.

Regards
  Christoph Gartmann

| Christoph Gartmann          Phone : +49-761-5108-465   Fax: -221           |
| Max-Planck-Institut fuer    PSI   : PSI%02624505016037::GARTMANN           |
| Immunbiologie               X400  : S=gartmann;OU=vms;O=mpiib-freiburg;    |
| Stuebeweg 51                        P=mpg;A=dbp;C=de                       |
| D-7800  Freiburg            RFC   : gartmann at vms.mpiib-freiburg.mpg.dbp.de |
| FRG                           will change to:     gartmann at immunbio.mpg.de |
+------------- Do you know MENUE, the user environment for VMS? -------------+