atomic to phipsi

BIONET at FRCGM51.EARN BIONET at FRCGM51.EARN
Wed Jan 27 06:41:00 EST 1993

> Hi all.  This is a really dumb question, but for the life
> of me I cannot find a routine for converting atomic
> coordinates to phi-psi angles.  Basically, I would like
> something that will accept Brookhaven type coordinates and
> convert them.  Better yet,  maybe Brookhaven has phi-psi
> angles already generated.  I don't know.  If you are familiar
> with this, or know where routines like this exist, I would
> be very grateful.
> Thank you,
> George Johnson

        Each PDB release is distributed with a set of ancillary programs.
 One of them is DIHDRL: "complete torsion angles" and another one is FISIPL:
 "PHI/PSI plots on printer". They are written in plain old FORTRAN and,
 therefore, are easily modifiable to meet your particular requirements.

        Good luck,

   |  Jean-Loup Risler                |                        |
   | Centre de Genetique Moleculaire  |  risler at frcgm51.bitnet |
   | 91190  Gif sur Yvette  France    |                        |