Yeaststrains HyperCard stack update

Rainer Fuchs Fuchs at EMBL-Heidelberg.DE
Thu Jan 28 08:01:34 EST 1993

The author of the HyperCard stack "yeaststrains" asked me to post this
announcement, because many servers have a corrupted version of it:

This Hypercard 2 stack is designed for scientists working with yeast (S.
cerevisiae) and having more than a few strains. The stack is devised for a
storage format of 10x10 strains per box. A version designed for boxes of
8x8  is also available and can be asked for via e-mail.

Besides some bug-fixes from vers. 1.0, vers. 1.2 is several times faster
displaying the individual strains. Those of you who have already built a
strain collection using vers. 1.0 or 1.1 of my stack can e-mail me for an
updater, which installs the 1.2  improvements without messing up the
strains already in the collection.
Attention: A version 1.0 has been posted on a number of servers while
the accompanying README file described it as version 1.2. You should check
the version of your collection in the info field in the Finder.

For each strain, mutant alleles are entered by choosing from a list,
alternative strain names, origin, plasmids and other commentary can be
stored in addition. Diploid  strains can be entered by RmatingS. Strains
can be extracted quickly by searching for the presence or absence of
mutant alleles, or for other criteria. Search results can be printed or
exported as text files.

For German yeast researchers: Eine deutsche Version (nur 10x10-Format)
kann per e-mail bei mir angefordert werden.
kaifr at mailserv.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de

Note: copies can be obtained from EMBL's ftp server
(ftp.embl-heidelberg.de) in /ftp/software/mac, or by sending the command
"get mac_software:yeaststrains.hqx" to netserv at embl-heidelberg.de.