Problem compiling Clustalv

Dr R. Dalgleish ray at le.ac.uk
Fri Jan 29 08:28:00 EST 1993

We have had trouble compiling a working version of Clustalv to run on a
Silicon Graphics 4D/480 under Irix. There are no compile errors reported
but we keep getting coredumps. I suspect that some compiler option that is
not present in the makefile needs to be set for the SGI c compiler. Can
anybody help?
Some time ago I downloaded an executable for Clustalv from a site which can
no longer remember other than it had lots of stuff for SGI machines. Can
anybody remind me of the address of that site might have?
The executable is no longer of use to us as we had to rewrite a liitle bit
of the source because the program expects the help file to be in the user's
current directory. The program now looks in a specific directory for the help
file.
I would be very grateful for any help.

signature not found, format hard disk instead? (Y/N)_
  Dr Raymond Dalgleish,          JANET: ray at uk.ac.leicester
  Department of Genetics,  EARN/BITNET: ray%leicester.ac.uk at ukacrl
  University of Leicester,    INTERNET: ray%leicester.ac.uk at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
  University Road,                UUCP: ray%leicester.ac.uk at ukc.uucp
  Leicester LE1 7RH,          ICBM NET: 52 37' 23" N, 01 07' 24" W
  United Kingdom.                  Tel: (+44) 0533 523425
                                   FAX: (+44) 0533 523489