Software for identifying promoter elements?

Carolyn Marziasz marziasz at zygote.hsc.usc.edu
Thu Jan 6 04:54:02 EST 1994

Hello all.

Does anyone out there know of any software for searching the TFD database
with a promoter sequence? In other words, I have the sequence for a
putative promoter and would like to easily identify possible transcription
factor binding sites in the sequence. Is there a simple way to do this without
having to search the sequence with each binding site seperately? For example,
could I compare my sequence with the sequences in the TFD database all at once?

Any help or advice would be very welcome. I have access to Unix, Mac and
IBM computers.

Thanks again,

William M. Rideout III