Vector Cloning Software

Daz darrenp at bruce.cs.monash.edu.au
Thu Jan 6 22:22:41 EST 1994

jjowett at molbiol.ox.ac.uk wrote:
: To Whom it may concern

: For a while now I have been aghast at how difficult it has been to get a hold
: of and find out about good programs for the PC that carry out cloning type
: operations and keep track of DNA sequences- so that when you want to look
: up a restriction map of a vector that maybe in it's 4th generation, you have
: to sift through a pile of notes about which fragment came from where!

: I am posting this message for those of you who have been similarly frustrated
: to let you know about what a friend let me know of, and that is Vector PC.  It
: is the answer to the above problems!
<Good description deleted>

We have someone here working on a program for unix/X windows that will cope
with complex restriction mapping problems - eg where there are large numbers
of sub experiments etc. It is designed more for the mapping side of things
rather than the construction of DNA. If you would be interested in trying
this out for us, you might like to send me some email. We are in a bit of a
catch 22 situation where we need to have it all working to get people to
use it, but to finsish it, we need to see what people want ! - so if you
even have some data you'd like us to run past it, feel free to mail it to us.

Yours sincerely,

Darren Platt.