<Q> BLAST for OSF/1?

Warren Gish gish at host.nlm.nih.gov
Tue Jan 11 00:49:25 EST 1994

In article <1994Jan10.145859.7340 at mcclb0> hill at mcclb0.med.nyu.edu (John Edward Hill) writes:
>Has anyone ported (or is anyone porting) BLAST to OSF/1?  In
>particular, we have a DEC Alpha workstation on which we would like to
>get BLAST running.  Thanks!
>
>John
>John Edward Hill, Ph.D.            |  Department of Cell Biology
>Internet: HILL at MCCLB0.MED.NYU.EDU  |  New York University Medical Center
>  EARN/Bitnet: HILL at NYUMED.BITNET  |  550 First Avenue
>212-263-7689    FAX: 212-263-8139  |  New York, New York  10016-6402

The NCBI BLAST software works fine under DEC OSF/1 1.2 for the Alpha.  It has
not been tested under OSF/1 1.3 but likely compiles, links and executes just as
well.  Complete, up-to-date source code is posted for anonymous FTP access on
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov (130.14.25.1) beneath the /pub/blast directory.  The current
program version numbers are:

	BLASTP	1.3.11
	BLASTN	1.3.12
	BLASTX	1.3.12