Digitizer Input

Michael Myers myersm at hcx.rockefeller.edu
Wed Jan 12 15:44:44 EST 1994

Bionauts,

We have a sonic digitizer that is used to enter DNA sequence ladders into
the GeneWorks program. I was wondering if there is an application out
there that can take this kind of input from photos of agarose gels to
calculate the MWs of restriction fragments. NCSA Gel Reader only utilizes
scanned images of gels for input, and the other applications I've seen at
the IU Bio archive require the user to measure the migration distance and
enter the values. It would be much easier to simply click on the standard
and unknown bands using our digitizer.

Thanks in advance,

Michael Myers
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and