Probe/primer software/hardware questions

Potter Wickware wick at netcom.com
Fri Jan 28 02:52:53 EST 1994

I don't see why you need a UNIX machine to do this kind of work.  Why not
a 486 clone?  With the $$$ you save you can get a good commercial primer
design package like National Bioscinece's Oligo program (they have an 800
#), and still have enough left over to buy a comprehensive analysis
program like DNA Star or the Hitachi DNASIS package.

P Wickware, Oakland, CA