Authorin

Dennis Benson dab at ray.nlm.nih.gov
Mon Jan 24 10:54:35 EST 1994

n-dougla at nimr.mrc.ac.uk (Nigel Douglas) writes:
: We are trying to submit some sequences using the authorin 3.0 package for the mac.  We have
: dutifully filled in all the forms but when we try to create a submission it crashes out
: flashing the error messasge "Can't find root tree file" or something.  The error message goes
: so fast it is hard to read.  The we are using version 3 obtained from IUBI
:
: We tried the sample file but got the same result.
:
: Does anyone have any ideas of what we are doing wrong.

(Below is a copy of the message we (NCBI) sent to Nigel ...)

Dear Colleague,

The problem you cited with Authorin is that the path to the ASNLOAD is
not properly specified in ncbi.cnf. This file is in your
Systems folder if you are using System 6.0 or in your Preferences
folder in your Systems folder in System 7.0.

If you have Authorin in any intervening folders and not directly
on the hard disk this must be specified in the path or else
remove Authorin from any intervening folders and be sure you have
the exact name of your hard disk specified. If you have a manual
handy this is step 8 of the installation procedure.

This should solve your problem. If you need further assistance contact us
at NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information) at NIH. We
produce and distribute GenBank and support the Authorin submission software.

Our general e-mail address is
	info at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

and the authorin address is
	authorin at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

The e-mail address for submissions is
	gb-sub at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Diana Airozo
GenBank User Services Staff