Probe/primer software/hardware questions

Debbie Lonergan lonergan at stress.er.usgs.gov
Thu Jan 27 12:53:44 EST 1994

Hi,

We have a small research group studying the molecular ecology of
sediments, soils and aquifers. At present, we're designing
probes and primers based on 16s rRNA sequences and are considering
purchasing a UNIX workstation to assist us in this task. We've
done a cursory survey of public domain software, but remain a little
confused. Does anyone have suggestions for the appropriate suite
of software for probe and primer design and sequence comparisons?
 Any suggestions for the best platform to run these on?  Any help'd
be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Debbie

Debra J. Lonergan				lonergan at stress.er.usgs.gov
U.S. Geological Survey         (703) 648-5987 | FAX (703) 648-5274
Mailstop 430, National Center  "Sometimes you're the bug.
Reston, Virginia 22092          Sometimes you're the windshield."