Slide writer

Peter Kulmburg kulmburg at sun1.ukl.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Jun 1 09:15:47 EST 1994

Dear netters,

we want to buy a machine to produce slides directly from a MacIntosh. So
far lots of persons told us about Agfa's ImagePro.

Unfortunately, this machine can only use output created by an additional
programme called Conductor which is not a postscript level programme.

As we know from the PC/Windows front, it is possible to define a
slide-producer as a "printer-device" directly in the system environment and
to use this "printer" then from any programme you want.

Is there a similar system for the MacIntosh?

We have to link the slide-producer directly by SCSI to one of our
(isolated) Macs and cannot use print servers for our Macs are to far away
one from the other (problems with disponibility of films etc..)

I would be happy to get some direct answers, if not possible, please give
me the addresses of other newsgroups to whom I could ask my questions.

Thank you very much             Peter

Peter KULMBURG (193.196.226.110    MacName: ktl110.ukl.uni-freiburg.de)
home: Tel./Fax:+49 761 808439   work: Tel.:+49 761 270/7195   Fax:/7177