oligo optimization programs

Killu Tougu k-tougu at mskcc.org
Thu Jun 2 12:50:21 EST 1994

Hi Netters-

We are currently demo'ing a copy of a commercial primer optimization
program by NBI called "Oligo 4.0" that finds optimal primer sites for PCR,
sequencing, hybridizations etc. While this program seems to work pretty
nicely, we're still interested in what else is out there (and if any such
programs would actually be freebies, since cost is an issue). Also, we'd
greatly appreciate any comments on the utility and/or weaknesses of this or
other such programs. We'd appreciate your answers at the address
ktougu at mskcc.org or in this list!

Thanks in advance,
Killu Tougu,
mol. biol. grad student,