oligo optimization programs

Gary Rudnick rudnick at biomed.med.yale.edu
Fri Jun 3 12:33:57 EST 1994

In article <k-tougu-020694134859 at e-mac-040.ski.mskcc.org> k-tougu at mskcc.org (Killu Tougu) writes:

>We are currently demo'ing a copy of a commercial primer optimization
>program by NBI called "Oligo 4.0" that finds optimal primer sites for PCR,
>sequencing, hybridizations etc. While this program seems to work pretty
>nicely, we're still interested in what else is out there (and if any such
>programs would actually be freebies, since cost is an issue). Also, we'd
>greatly appreciate any comments on the utility and/or weaknesses of this or
>other such programs. We'd appreciate your answers at the address
>ktougu at mskcc.org or in this list!

Wejust purchased Gene Runner for Windows from Hastings Software and it has an
excellent oligo synthesis section for PCR and sequencing primers.  It also
does a lot of other manipulations, especially finding good sites for
subcloning.  Demos are available and the academic price is $400.
Gary Rudnick                       |voice (203) 785-4548
Department of Pharmacology         |fax (203) 785-7670
Yale University School of Medicine |bitnet RUDNICK at YALEMED
333 Cedar Street, P.O. Box 208066  |internet:
New Haven, CT 06520-8066           |RUDNICK at BIOMED.MED.YALE.EDU