snail mail for PAUP

knoblauch at mpimg-berlin-dahlem.mpg.de knoblauch at mpimg-berlin-dahlem.mpg.de
Thu Jun 9 06:57:12 EST 1994

In article <9406071534.AA04998 at nightshade.cit.cornell.edu>, epaul at NIGHTSHADE.CIT.CORNELL.EDU ("Edie Paul") writes:
> I am posting this for a friend who does not have Internet access:
>
> Can someone supply a postal address for requesting the latest PC version
> of PAUP?
>
> Thanks very much.
I'm sorry to say this, but there is no 'latest' PC(MS-DOS)-Version of Paup.
At our site we ended up in buying the MAC-Version, and run it on some
collegues private MAC (it's a MS-DOS Enviroment round here).
Every now and then, rumors announce a MS-Windows Version, but Ha(!):
Here's some from the Manual of 3.1:
" This Manual is for Version 3.1 of PAUP for the Apple Macintosh. It also
serves as preliminary documentation for the IBM-PC and "portable" releases of
Version 3, which as of this writing have still not been released. ..."
						Dated 23 March, 1993
However, here's the adresses the Manual:
Paup is distributed by

Center for Biodiversity
Illinois Natural History Survey
607 E.Peabody Dr.
Champaign, Illinois 61820 USA
Phone: 217/333-6846
E-Mail: YOUNGA at UX1.CSO.UIUC.EDU

		good luck,
			Klaus
InterNet:  Knoblauch at mpi-berlin-dahlem.mpg.de
EAN     :  <Please use InterNet to send mail>

> Es gibt zwei Arten von Narren: Die Einen sagen: das ist alt, und darum     >
> gut! Die Anderen sagen, das ist neu, und darum besser!                     >
Disclaimer: The above stated opinions are not necessarily shared by my
            employers. Some times not even by me.