Newsreader for MSWindows?

Ronald.Berry Berry at biochem.unp.ac.za
Tue Jun 14 05:47:15 EST 1994

In article <brookerg-130694151247 at 170.54.252.250> brookerg at phibred.com (Glenn Brooke, Ph.D.) writes:
>From: brookerg at phibred.com (Glenn Brooke, Ph.D.)
>Subject: Newsreader for MSWindows?
>Date: Mon, 13 Jun 1994 20:14:13 GMT

>     I'd appreciate any recommendations for newsreaders for MSWindows.  We
>have used NetManage's NEWTnews (part of their Chameleon package), but are
>interested in other options.  Thanks in advance,

>Glenn Brooke, Ph.D.
>Lab Information Manager
>Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.
>brookerg at phibred.com

Hello Glenn

I'm using Trumpet For Windows. It's OK, but in some ways I prefer the DOS
version of the same programme. You can get WinTrump by anonymous ftp from:

ftp.cica.indiana.edu [129.79.26.27], or any of its mirrors, e.g.
nic.funet.fi

It is in ~ftp/pub/pc/win3/util as wtpkt10a.zip

Ron Berry
Natal University, South Africa