coiled-coil prediction

Peter Rice rice at embl-heidelberg.de
Wed Jun 22 03:49:50 EST 1994

In article <kaj-190694134332 at scandium.rice.edu>, kaj at bioc.rice.edu (Keith
Johnson) writes:
> I am looking for a Macintosh program for predicting coiled-coil motifs in
> amino acid sequences.  Does anyone know of such a program?

There is a method published a while ago whch you could code quite easily:
Lupas A, van Dyke M & Stock J; Science 252:1162-4 (1991)

We use this in the PEPCOIL program in the EGCG package, but that is for
VMS (and in the next Unix release) only.

 Peter Rice, EMBL                             | Post: Computer Group
                                              |       European Molecular
 Internet:    Peter.Rice at EMBL-Heidelberg.DE   |            Biology Laboratory
                                              |       Postfach 10-2209
 Phone:   +49-6221-387247                     |       69012 Heidelberg
 Fax:     +49-6221-387306                     |       Germany