Multiple Alignment Software preferences?

Norman J. Pieniazek x4073 norman at giardia.pdb.cdc.gov
Wed Jun 22 15:43:55 EST 1994

In article 2E06CF54 at biochem.unp.ac.za,  Berry at biochem.unp.ac.za (Ron Berry) writes:
>Hello out there
>
>We would like to buy a suite of sotware for determining multiple alignments
>of protein and DNA sequences.
>
>Please would you be kind enough to let me know of your favourite package?
>
>I have the demo of Cherwell Scientific's MultAlin that does just about all
>we need to do, but we feel that the price of US$400 is excessive.
>
>Thanks in advance
>

>Ron Berry
>Biochemistry Department,
>University of Natal,
>Pietermaritzburg.
>South Africa

Some good (and free) alignment programs are: Clustal and MACAW.  The
latter program is only available for MS Windows machines.
Norman

---
Norman J. Pieniazek			voice:	(404) 488-4073
Centers for Disease Control		fax:	(404) 488-4108
Mailstop F13				e-mail:	norman at giardia.pdb.cdc.gov
4770 Buford Highway NE
Atlanta, GA 30341-3724
	####### The preceding message is not     #######
	####### an official document of the CDC. #######