Good primer design software for mac??

Mike Mitchell mike at BISON.LIF.ICNET.UK
Thu Jun 23 02:18:50 EST 1994

>Does anyone have any recommendations for a good mac based PCR primer design
>program?  I'd like to find a program that will:
>
>-check for other possible "mispriming" sites in a template with primers
>I've designed
>
>-let me specify one primer, then come up with another one to go with it at
>some specified distance range
>
>-predict extinction coefficients (i.e., e260's)
>
>and just otherwise do more than what's included in MacVector.
>
>I'll post a summary of replies.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Don Jackson

Try Amplify, by Bill Engels, it's available by anon ftp from the Stanford
archive (Sumex-aim.stanford.edu) and from ftp.bio.indiana.edu.

It's FREE!!! and very good.

*Michael Mitchell              * "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for *
*User Support                  *  breakfast!"                         *
*Molecular Biology Software    *                                      *
*Imperial Cancer Research Fund * Ace Rimmer, Test Pilot Extraordinaire*
*+44 (0)71 269 3115            *         Red Dwarf V, BBC TV          *