trnascan execution time?

Keith Robison robison1 at husc10.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 11 08:47:38 EST 1994

I am trying out the trnascan program for finding tRNA genes, and
even on my short test sequences (GenBank entries known to contain
tRNAs and not much else) the program seems to be running a very
long time without doing anything.  Could anyone who has used this
program be kind enough to let me know what to expect in the way
of execution times?  (its not surprising that the algorithm is
CPU-intensive and therefore slow, I would just like some hints
as to how slow).

Thanks!

Keith Robison
Harvard University