PC reads Mac file/disk.

Curt Ashendel ashendel at aclcb.purdue.edu
Mon Sep 5 12:42:10 EST 1994

On 3 Sep 1994 13:10:20 -0400, Joe  <kub at telerama.lm.com> wrote:

>I am looking for a program that will read/convert a mac file (preferably
>from a Mac formated diskette) and convert it to PC format.

There is a shareware program I found at oak.oakland.edu/pub/ms-dos (I think
it was in the disk utility section) in a zipped file called MACSEE22.ZIP.
I have not tried it, but it may be the answer you are looking for.

Quoting from its doc file:

                   MacSEE V2.2 for DOS and Windows
                              REEVEsoft

  MacSEE is a utility that will allow you to read/write Macintosh format
diskettes on your PC. This includes 1.44 MB High Density Macintosh
diskettes and Macintosh hard disks including SyQuest removable hard drives
formatted on a Mac. It does not include 800K Mac disks as a standard PC
floppy drive can't make heads or tails of what is written on those
disks.
  Please note that this unregistered version 2.2 is being released into
Shareware as a demonstration version. It adds bug fixes and features
to version 2.1 (also shareware) and may be freely distributed provided that
all files included remain intact and unmodified.

Curt Ashendel
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN
ashendel at aclcb.purdue.edu