how to find an Email address

Bradley K. Sherman bks at s27w007.pswfs.gov
Mon Sep 12 14:06:35 EST 1994

In article <351u50$k2q at mserv1.dl.ac.uk> kulmburg at sun1.ukl.uni-freiburg.de (Peter Kulmburg) writes:

>I have a problem common to several of my internet friends: I know somebody
>has an email address and I know a little bit of where he or she is.

I get asked this question a lot, and there are some tricks of the
trade, but the best answer is this:

   Send email to someone who knows the person better than you do,
   asking them for the address.

The telephone is appropriate technology as well, but email decreases
transcription errors.

    --bks

--
Bradley K. Sherman                  Computer Scientist
Dendrome Project                    510-559-6437  FAX: -6440
Institute of Forest Genetics        bks at s27w007.pswfs.gov
P.O. Box 245, Berkeley, CA 94701    http://s27w007.pswfs.gov/People/bks.html