sequence alignment software

JAMES O. MCINERNEY James.Mcinerney at UCG.IE
Wed Sep 21 07:18:33 EST 1994

message from gilles vachon read..........

>Hi all,

>I recently had to align several sequences (DNA or proteins) and found out
>that it was not that easy and that we did not have a sofware to do so (on
>Macintosh).

My favourite multiple alignment software program is CLUSTALV, written by Des
Higgins. It is available from EMBL in heidelberg via email.  I think it is
portable to virtually any platform and is quick, irrespective of whether you
run
it in a Macintosh classic or a mainframe. Send a message to:

netserv at embl-heidelberg.de

with the word "help" in the body of the message.

Follow the instructions and good luck.
regards,
James