New seq. software of interest

Richard T. Timmer rttimme at larry.cc.emory.edu
Thu Mar 9 20:50:34 EST 1995

First the disclaimers...I have no connection whatsoever the S&E Software,
past, present or future.

S&E Software (several DOS and Windows mol. bio. programs) has recently
released Clone Manager 4 Windows.  I have ordered it and will report my
impressions soon.  However, it appears to be a decent basic sequence
manipulation program (restriction mapping, good plasmid map output, cut &
paste seqs, translation/ORF search, edit seqs, import std. formats), all
in all decent nucleic acid manipulation.  There is no protein
manipulation!  The program is reasonably priced (at least in terms of the
departmental license):  individual $400 ($350 for users of other S&E
programs), or departmental $950 (unlimited number of users within a
department).

Their phone number is 717-597-5307.

I just thought I'd let you cybersurfers know this tidbit, as there seem
to be a fair number of queries regarding sequence manipulation software
and/or programs to generate those nifty little plasmid pictures.

Cheers!

Richard Timmer
Dept. of Physiology
Emory University School of Medicine